Founded in 1474, the Utrechts Stedelijk Gymnasium is one of the oldest and most prestigious grammar schools in the Netherlands. Located in the centre of Utrecht, the school population currently numbers close to 900 - sixty percent of which hail from surrounding villages and from diverse religious backgrounds. With graduation percentage rates regularly in the upper 90s, many of our pupils go on to continue their studies at some of the best universities in the world. We offer courses in a wide range of academic subjects, often tailored to the individual needs and abilities of the pupils. Fast-track opportunities are available in all forms enabling many pupils to compact their studies and thus providing them with the opportunity to do additional subjects or extra-curricular activities, which include
- extra courses in foreign languages such as Spanish and Chinese.
- exchange programmes with grammar schools in Italy and the Czech Republic.
- ELOS, an international-oriented series of modules that provide insights into a number of international issues.
- several student associations focusing on music, drama, debating, sports, arts, the school paper.
- membership of the student council
- various foreign excursions including England, Lyon, Berlin, and ELOS-related trips to destinations further afield.
- to participate in national competitions. Various pupils have received awards for this.